Re: Fills good or bad.

Richard Davidson wrote:

> My question is the fill that I got is it a good fill by the CME rules or
> should I fight my broker for a better one. I have already been told that the
> fill is good and I will not get a better one. I[s] there still uptick and
> downtick rules on fills.

Dear Richard,

Regarding the purported "uptick and downtick rules", I telephoned officials at
the CBOT and the CME several months ago in order to verify if these rules
exist.  Surprise!  What I was told was that they don't and never did.  The rule
re fills is that in a normal market, the broker is held to a reasonable standard
(what a reasonable person would expect under all the circumstances); and in a
fast market, the broker is not held to any standard (you take what you get
without recourse).

I am sorry that you received an adverse fill and hope that you have had others
that balance this one out.

Sincerely,

Richard