Optimal F - looking for high or low value ??

I follow your reasoning about the higher the f, the higher the number of
contracts traded.

Which gets me back to - shouldn't we be looking for systems with a low
optimal f.

Am I correct in thinking that if optimal f is .10, then when the largest
losing trade is encountered 10% of the stake is gone, and if optimal f is
.2, then when the largest losing trade is encountered, 20% of the stake is
gone.

Peter

<<<<
Number of contracts= Account size/ f$
f$=Max loss/f
So, Number of contracts= Account size/ (max loss/ f) or
Number of contracts =(account size*f)/(max loss)
so the higher the f, the bigger the number of contracts.