From: Orphelin@xxxxxxx <Orphelin@xxxxxxx>
To: Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, August 01, 1998 4:35 PM
Subject: Re : Weintraub on Backtesting Questions

Dans un courrier daté du 01/08/98 14:59:26  , Robert W Cummings écrit :

<<
Hi Mr Orphelin;

I think we all know what trade station and TradeStation meant in his post.

I knew it !

<<
A reminder your good at writing EL but I read some of your post and don't
think you should be giving advise on literary skills is just my opinion.

It's a respectable opinion.
You may know that I am able to write in a pure french style without any
difficulty, and that's not exactly  the case with the official Omega List
language.
But the purpose was not there, only some sarcastic stuff that I cannot avoid

<<
Not copying all the past post to replies was a valid point the rest was
just unnecessary criticism.

Robert

Not only.

If Neal could ALSO focus on some positive thoughts regarding trading systems
and backtesting instead of the current serie offered  here in a recent past,
could easily avoid this situation.

As I said to him privately:
We all know that there are a lot of crap in this business.
But you may separate the problem and do not mix this with Omega Research.
It's perfectly possible to build and sell crap systems with Excel, C, VB or
anything you want.
This does not mean that the above language ort software are worthless.
This only means that when a crap guy uses a trading software, it  will
probably produce a crap result.

Well , I think that I should take some time on backtesting clarification and
suggestions too.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.harraps-shorter.com/france/missing_pages.htm
alternate choice if  the above URL do not work:
www.sirtrade.com