Re: Attitudes towards Omega Research

Patrick:

First, this is a free speech forum, although there are some attempts to keep
personal attacks to a minimum and to try to keep self-promotion of products off
the list. So you are free to post your opinion on Omega products or on what we
are posting here.

If you think people that are worried about the viability of a product that they
use to make a living are whining when they voice concerns here, I can't relate
to your thinking. But again, you are free to post whatever you wish to post
here, within some bounds.

Most of the people here, even those that many people find 'noisy' posters, are
rather helpful, if you have the ability to view them as individuals. Some people
find Pierre witty, other people find him stuffy--But he does try to help people
with coding questions and TS difficulties. I don't always agree with his views
on Omega, for instance, but I do always read his replies...he knows the platform
he produces his products on. Similarly, many people find Mark Brown hard to
pigeon-hole. But again, if you take the time to look at the body of materials he
has added to this list and a few other trading lists, he has been a great
resource to the trading community. I could name and describe many other people
that post regularly on this list, but the idea is the same: The list would be
less without their posts, and those posts include things you want to read and
things you don't want to read. Simply delete those things you aren't interested
in.

Most of are here because we trade for a living and we use Omega products for one
task or another. Most of us don't hate Omega--We'd stop writing on this list if
we did and we'd buy another product. But we see some very serious inattention by
Omega to what we consider serious flaws and this forum is where we try to
express our views and turn the spotlight on those inattentions.

We wouldn't be professionals if we simply took what ANY vendor offered us and
didn't try to improve it, whether we try to improve it by twiddling with it,
comparing it to other products, or suggesting and ranting for changes and
improvements. The level of our noise here is a sure indicator of our interest in
the product.

I make hundreds and hundreds of trades a week. I need the real-time charting and
quotes system I use to be all it can be. The level of MY noise here is a sure
indicator of MY interest in the Omega products.

Best,

Tim Morge