Re : Bad initial ticks

Dans un courrier daté du 16/07/98 01:05:19  , Tony Haas  écrit :

<<
This is nuts!  Why should the TS user bear the responsibility of Omega's
 ineptness and submit to such a crazy workaround?  Especially when Omega
 tech support discourages forgoing the morning update.  Forget it, jack...

You may want what you want and fix your problem by using a lawyer.

I certainly know better that you what to do with TS, but my advice is a
personal one.

If you uncheck ALL the checkmarks in the morning update tab and leave only the
morning udate checkmark, you get something close to nothing, excepted that the
expired contracts will be declared as expired , and the  rolling database
adjusted, ie the first days removed.

Now, what I proposed was only to help those who wants to take the risk to
collect data hat they are unable to collect for the moment.
I do not know why omega do not recommand  to leave the morning update
unchecked.
What I know is that it has worked for me without running it during several
months, so I need an explanation of what kind of fatal error could be hidden.

So, I wait an official explanation from Omega tech support.

<<
 You summed it up correctly...I GUESS THAT THERE IS NO RISK...at least the
 lawyers won't be going after YOU!!!

Yes, seems that without your lawyer, you are without your mother.

Oh , I forgot to say, but it seems that one of your posts on this list has
been published in Future Magazine (was concerning trading systems 10
commandements).
Just verified: yes, was the May 1998 issue.

As soon as I have some free time , I'll come back to you and explain what's
wrong in most of your trading system eavaluaton assumptions.
Will be also related to an other thread that I saw recently here or on
TradeLab List (topic: Gambler's Indicators).

Regards,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com