Re: Re : TS 4.0 for sale

At 9:17 AM -0400 6/28/98, John O. Romero wrote:

>If the Beta od 5.0 is not Y2K compliant, then the design of 5.0 is not Y2K
>compliant, and at this point, they will have to 'PATCH' their design to
>make it complant. This is not good. In fact designing a product to be
>released in 1998 not Y2K ready is the # 1 item on the DUMMY LIST. I more
>than likely will not be going to 5.0 any time soon if ever, for reasons
>like this. I have no confidence in Omega to do what the customer is asking
>for.

I have not seen the beta of 5.0 but it could be that they are using parts
of 4.0 in the beta. For example, they could be supplying the EasyLanguage
function library from 4.0 with 5.0 beta to allow people to test 5.0. This
would make sense as people probably have existing programs written in 4.0
language that they will be using for testing. Then, they could be rewriting
any of the 4.0 library that is not Y2K compliant.

Another possibility could be problems with the real time data feeds or
DialData historical data formats.

So I would not necessarily jump to the conclusion that the internal design
is not Y2K compliant.

Bob Fulks