Re: Plugging Vendors and their systems - Apology

At 4:57 PM -0400 5/27/98, John Nowak wrote:

>The better authors will certainly get a call for more information and
>updated information....the junksters will get no calls. That's how the
>market place judges your work. The two systems recently posted Abberation
>and ??? both performed verrrry poorly with my data, the authors' of these
>two systems would have done me a great disservice selling me those systems
>for my trading.

Most of the systems code you see posted on these lists are older versions.
Some are clearly junk and some clearly have merit. If you try them and they
seem to have merit, then it certainly pays to buy the latest version with
all of the updates.

Software is a living, breathing thing that keeps evolving as markets
change. Using an outdated version will certainly cost you much more in
trading losses than you save by not buying the latest versions.

Bob Fulks