Re: Plugging Vendors and their systems - Apology

CycleSurf@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I understand your point!  There is a lot of shit out there.  I've probably
> spent over 70,000 in my 12 years as a tradestation owner on shit systems. And,
> I really don't claim that my systems are any better.  I think they are but
> they could fall apart tommorrow. <snip>

It's nice that things have cooled down a little.  I'm relatively new to trading
and program writing. When  I started about a year ago....I bought several
indicators and systems from vendors.  So my experience is quite recent.  You know
what I found?  The systems and indictors I paid for were mediocre to poor.  What
amazes me is that these highly respected author vendors had some nerve hyping and
charging for this material.......their books were just the hype for their
products.

Yes, the indicators and systems posted here usually belong to some other author.
And some of them are quite good.  We can decide which indicator or system gives us
favourable results....without fronting money on junk systems.  I am quite aware
that not all systems work equally well on all securities.

The better authors will certainly get a call for more information and updated
information....the junksters will get no calls.  That's how the market place
judges your work. The two systems recently posted Abberation and ??? both
performed verrrry poorly with my data, the authors' of these two systems would
have done me a great disservice selling me those systems for my trading.

If you have a system, which it seems you do, and its so good it would destabilize
the marketplace...please burn it.  SPX is does not need help going down lately.
If you have infromation that traders could use to improve their bottom line, the
please post.  I would like to think we are all here to share some trading ideas
....or am I on the wrong list?

John