RE: Optomizing Systems

You can run multiple optimisations simultaneously, but you have to be very careful.
I do it regularly on 9 charts in the same workspace - as follows:
1. fire up first optimisation in normal manner
2. select the next chart - DO NOT GO BACK AND CLICK on the previous chart
3. fire up the optimisation.  This will just sit at the start point waiting for the first one to complete.
4. select the next chart - DO NOT GO BACK AND CLICK on EITHER previous chart.
and so on.

I found that if I got curious about the status of optimisations in progress, and went to the screen, the optimisation would sometimes get corrupted.  I reported the fault to Omega some months ago (including how to reproduce it)

When all have finished, the way to check that all has gone well is as follows:
1. Bring up the optimisation results window.  Find the entry with the best net profit
2. Bring up the system  report and check that the net profit and other results match the best optimisation
3. In the chart window, bring up the analysis techniques window and look at the parameters. These should match those of the best optimisation.

Where you dont get a match, you have to run the optimisation for that chart again.

I found the problem (and solution) by accident.  There is a pattern to which optimisation gets corrupted if you click on a chart with one in progress, but I have forgotten.

One thing for absolute certain - you must not touch (ie go to, select, whatever) a chart once its optimisation is either queued or running.   It is out of the question to look at an optimisation result while others are running.

It can be quite frustrating figuring out how much longer your optimisation queue will take, but a bit of careful window placement before you start can help.

Anyone other feedback greatfully received.

Peter Ryan