Re: Backtesting

At 8:41 PM -0500 3/27/98, Ron Augustine wrote:

>I don't doubt than there may be a couple of iconoclastic bicycle mechanics,
>working in a garage in some place like Dayton Ohio, who might some day
>invent a flying machine-- but I seriously doubt that the average
>Trader/System-Developer will ever be the one who will be able to say-- I've
>got a System that works-- period.

I just reread all of the previous messages on this thread and find many
replies to the original message from people who said they have developed
systems that work for them. I certainly have and know of many others who
have.

Perhaps those people are not "the average Trader/System-Developer" but it
certainly seems possible for a lot of people to develop systems that work.

Bob Fulks