Re: Backtesting

Ron Augustine,

>I have studied, tested, and written systems for 14 years.  Many of my
>own and many developed and certified by some of the most recognizable
>names in the business.  I never found one to hold up in real-time
>trading for more than a few weeks, at best

Then you sir just don't have it and that is ok not to have it. It is a
great admission on your part to admit to your self and the world that
you're not in the intellectual league of some others here and on other
(ATI) list. Ii follow with great interest your next predictable comment.

> I don't doubt than there may be a couple of iconoclastic bicycle
>mechanics, working in a garage in some place like Dayton Ohio, who
>might some day invent a flying machine-- but I seriously doubt that the
average Trader/System-Developer will ever be the one who will be >able
to say-- I've got a System that works-- period.

Yes, the classic " If I cant do it the no one else can syndrome  " Let's
work on your problem. Now every time you flame system traders in general
just think to your self how every one can see right through your
jealousy. It's ok and your ok Ron.

Alan Savant