Re: [Fwd: Trading Programs & the law]

Jeez, some of you guys are nuts.

First, Mark Jurik sells some pretty good software very
cheap. I had a question on a piece of his code and
it took him all of 32 minutes to send an email answer
back on a Saturday night. So insulting him on a list for
Tradestation use and development is absurd. His web site
also has alot of good common sense information on system
development.

Second, as someone who programs for a living, I expect
to get paid the same as anyone else who works for a living
what ever they do. People who sell bad software will
get the same as people who sell bad anything. No business.

Third, I don't mind knowing a lawyer who can help developers.
Like it or not, you have to protect yourself. I appreciate
the lawyer post, as I need some advice on some development
I have been doing.

I appreciate "the code" posting examples. I hope to have some
time soon to give back some of what I have learned. Unfortunately,
the majority of the people trying to learn to trade I think are
unable to learn. There are too cheap to buy the necessary
tools and books, believe in magic, and no trader every
gets any good until they have been completely ripped
by the market and have the guts to stand backup and do it
again with their new found knowledge. It took me 8 years
before I would call myself a trader.

There is no magic system. To make money you have to develop
and follow a methodology. Money management is the most important
and trade execution is next, the system last. The thing most helpful
to me was to develop a set of rules written on paper. Every time
I made a mistake, or learned something, I added it to the
rule list. Try to keep the rule list short so that you can
read through it quickly. I check mine at night before
doing tomorrows setup's and again in the morning as a last
reminder. When the trading starts you have to be on auto pilot.

I enjoy this list, but lets try to keep the sniping down. Trading
is hard enough as it is.

Thanks,

David Fenstemaker