Re: Software License Transfers

Well - I'm a lawyer (non-practicing) in Florida - and I believe this license is
governed by Florida law (my SuperCharts license is).  Florida courts are pretty
liberal - and pretty pro-consumer - so it's possible that this "contract" might be
deemed a "contract of adhesion" (that's when the terms of the contract are so
onerous that a court refuses to enforce them).  Why shouldn't private parties be
able to sell used copies of software (assuming they don't keep using the program
themselves - and they're not asking Omega to do anything)?  That's like saying I
can't sell a used computer with the original OS on it.

I'm sure I could argue on the other side of this issue (that's what it means to be
a lawyer <g>) - but I think there's a great deal of unfairness in these trade
practices.  And - since Omega is reading this list - I will add for its benefit
that I subscribed to this list to evaluate whether I should buy TradeStation when
my SuperCharts expires due to Y2K problems.  Unless something changes - what I've
read has convinced me to rewrite my systems so they'll work on some other software
(even if I have to chart the systems element by element).  And I'm in the process
of reworking things now.  Robyn