Re: Tradestation 4.0 & Signal cable box For Sale (read this reply at your own risk!)

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Tradestation 4.0 & Signal cable box For Sale (read this reply at your own risk!)
  • From: traderguy@xxxxxxx (JMB)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:41:59 -0800 (PST)

TO ALL:

Here's my 2 cents.......

1)   Beleive it!!   Omega Research is the most agrogant software
company out there!   This is nothing new... this has been an issue for
quite some time!   Do a little research on the open news-groups
through Deja-News, and you would have easily dicovered the "Gestapo"
type tactics of Omega Research long ago.....

2)   I personally purchased their TS 4.0 / OS 1.2 package last year!
AS SOON as I found out about this "POLICY", I IMMEDIATELY RETURNED
IT...  So glad I still had 1 week left on that 30-day thing!!

SO, MR. CRUZ / OMEGA RESEARCH, YOU CAN CHALK THAT ONE UP AS A LOST
SALE DUE TO YOUR ARROGANCE....  Unfortunately I couldn't send my
SuperCharts back, or else I would have!

Not that I think Omega is any great software company or anything,
because for sure it isn't.... I think we all know that!  But, I would
have bought it only because it was, the key word here is WAS, a
"standard".....  I truly believe that just like IOMEGA & NETSCAPE,
Omega research will find a way to "Fu__ things up" and piss away there
dominance & market share!

AND PERSONALLY, I CAN WAIT TO SEE IT HAPPEN!!

Let's face it, this "WOW" thing may turn out OK.... maybe even
acceptable!   NOT to worry though.... with the "out of control
equities & futures markets", not to mention the internet, online
trading, and the information age in general... there will be more
contenders...  I think a lot more!    The only problem, it may be a
couple of years!

SO, quite frankly.... I wouldn't worry about that Y2K thing with
Omega's software....  They're not going to be around that long!

3)   Of ALL the CRAP I find out about Omega Research, I wouldn't be
surprised, if this is an intentional way of making their stock take a
nose dive, simply so they can buy it all back for pennies on the
dollar!!    Think about it.... I wouldn't put it past them!

ALSO....  We all know they made more in the sale of their STOCK, than
they ever would have in selling their CRAPPY software!

Sorry Omega... It's true... by programming standards... IT'S CRAP!!
Oh ya.... sorry, I'm not a solution provider or anything else to you,
so you can't bully me around like you did with so many of these other
guys!

4)   Oh ya....  While I'm at it,  If we, as list-members, are going to
pursue worthless wastes of time such as this THREAD is now, and so may
others I have to pass over.....  DON'T RE-COPY THE WHOLE DAMN MESSAGE
OVER AND OVER AGAIN..... THANK YOU..... I FOR ONE WILL APPRECIATE IT!
As will so many others.....

To all those concerned.... the above comments are obviously my own
opinion, however I don't think I'm the only one who shares it!!

Enough said!
JMB