RE: bmi cable /signal cable FYI (DSS systems?)

Whether or not it would be possible to receive a BMI feed via DSS depends on
at least two things--

1. Who BMI contracts with to up-link their signal to the satellite -- if
it's AMC, then it is possible that the BMI feed is fed to both commercial
C-Band birds as well as DSS satellites-- If they contract with the up-link
provider directly, the feed would probably be restricted to C-Band only, and
a separate agreement and infrastructure would be needed for them to be able
to feed to DSS.

2. The BMI Cable Box requires a standard Coax TV Cable feed as input -- most
likely DSS uses a different format for feeding their signal from their dish
to their receiver, thus it would not be compatible with the input that the
BMI Box is expecting.  Whether or not the BMI signal would emerge intact on
the TV side of the DSS converter would also need to be known.  Possibly
either a special converter would be needed, or a new BMI Box that was
designed to operate with the DSS format.  If you can contact a DSS Engineer,
he should be able to answer these questions.