Re: Re:More on UPSs

I have been using TrippLite UPS 650 watts for over 10 years including 3
years in an area with several outages daily.  It has been super and
reliable and gives me about 15 minutes to clear and close.  Most outages
were back on line by then.
Jerry

----------
> From: steinbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re:More on UPSs
> Date: Monday, March 02, 1998 5:04 AM
>
> >Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 11:01:20 -0800
>
> >From: Monte <<montecs@xxxxxxxx>
>
> >To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> >Subject: Re:More on UPSs

> >Another consideration with respect to evaluating UPS units (which for
>
> >purposes of this discussion are really SPS - Standby Power Supplies) is
>
> >the output of the unit. Specifically,I'm referring to the output
>
> >waveform. Good units have an inverter that produces a true sine wave
>
> >output.
>
> Monte,
>

> This is very true and particularly important if you want to use it to
power your fishing boat during the summer months.