Re:More on UPSs

Another consideration with respect to evaluating UPS units (which for
purposes of this discussion are really SPS - Standby Power Supplies) is
the output of the unit. Specifically,I'm referring to the output
waveform. Good units have an inverter that produces a true sine wave
output.The cheaper ones generate a square wave output.The unit I happen
to use produces a stepped wave which,while not a true sine wave,seems to
be a good compromise.I've used it on a garden variety desktop setup for
a couple of years in a lightning-active area of florida with no problems
through many power failures.Call the companies whose units you are
considering,and ask about the output waveform.
Monte