Re: KC Collection

At 01:03 PM 2/14/98 GMT, Visavis. wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Does anybody read and use the Keltner Collection as described in the book
>"How to become a real time futures commodity trader at home" by Scott A.
>Krieger with website at http://www.futures-trader.com
>
>Looking forward to hear from some who had experience with this.
>
>Thanks!

>			Warm Regards!
>

>			Visavis
>			Visavis@xxxxxxx

Visavis,
  I bought both the book and the software he sells to go along with the
book. I would say that the book is worthwhile and the software is not worth
the price he asks for it since most of the indicators are common ones that
he describes in the book - for instance, Keltner Channels, 3 moving
averages, intraday pivots, etc. After getting the software, the only
indicator I could not duplicate was one that automtically provides signals
for buy/sell. i don't have a clue what is in that one, but it didn't seem
that the signals were all that good.
  The book has great value, in by opinion, because it gives a good
explanation of a coherent trading method. The KC means Keltner
Confirmation. Confirmation among indicators is the core of his method. He
explains it well, with lots of illustrations.
   I have recently found something quite similar, in many respects, which I
believe is even better. It is a video and workbooks by Lee Gettess called
Trading in the Trenches, from TradeWinds pulications (800-710-8552.) He
also uses Kelnter bandsm moving averages, etc. in an integrated coherent
trading method, with lots of good ideas on actual trading.
  My opinion is that if this is your style of trading that both of the
above would help you put together something you could succeed with in your
own manner. No-one gives away successful trading systems/method because it
just can't be done. I think that each of us has to put it together for
himself. Both of the above are excellent resources. I don't endorse either
of their methods, just that you might learn something good from them
(unlike many others who sell basically crap.)

David Cicia