Re: Mark Brown Status

Glenn Schultz wrote:

>Thats it I've had it.  You two think that belligerence and combative tones
>are sufficient to get your point across and/or bully people into silence or
>into accepting your world view.  Well its not, and if you can not contribute
>positive information to this list (anything beyond bashing Omega, Insulting
>users that dont agree with you, or raising Mark Brown to martyr status)
>Then I suggest that you sell your copy of TS and move on to another product.

As Ronnie Ray-gun used to say...Hear you go again...actually any opinion
has merit on this list, even yours and Mark Brown's and mine, etc., as long
as it falls within the guidelines that Jim gave us when we first joined the
list.  I don't appreciate any efforts to silence or censor views that
differ from what Omega might find appropriate.  They have had an
opportunity to respond to complaints just like anyone else.  I guess the
problem lies with the fact that the truth hurts...

>As far as Mark Brown is concerned I received an e-mail from him telling me I
>was a bad trader and did not know a looser when I saw one and that I was a
>looser.  Mark does not know me, what I trade, where I trade, who I trade
>with, or what my P&L looks like so where does he get off insulting me in the
>name of trying to help.

I don't understand.  First you say you don't like to be bullied.  And then
in the same breath you publicly denigrate MB for private comments.  That's
between you and MB.

>I found Mark's comments (Did I get F**K you right) abusive in nature his
>attitude toward Omega and others on this list  totally negated any positive
>contribution he made.  Furthermore, I do not need or you Mark to save me
>from the evil Bill Cruz and his dark Omega empire.  I sent a letter to the
>Office of the President and received a reply that indicated a year 2000
>patch will be made available.  Now think about this for a second.  I would
>think that TS 5.0 is Y2K compliant.  So the patch for TS 4.0 is essentially
>embedded in TS 5.0.  It should be a relatively small matter to extract the
>patch.  The company said a patch is coming and I believe them (They have
>given me no reason to doubt them in the past year and a half).

TS 3.5 was promised for 2 years before it was delivered.  Is that reason
enough?

>Mark was fired a Solution Provider and rightly so.  Mark had a business
>relationship with Omega and as such should have represented the company in
>the best light.  Rather, Mark decided to abuse Omega customers -- any
>representative that abuses a company's customers should be terminated with
>extreme prejudice.  He got what he deserves.

Actually, I think Omega terminated the relationship with MB for the same
reason they terminated the old AOL list...it was costing them sales and
face.  Come to think of it, MB posted same of the same truthful TS comments
on AOL as he has here.  So Omega knew about MB for a long time.  Sure
smacks as an attempt to silence your critics in whatever means that you
can.  Now they are trying to get the other OSP's to toe the line or risk
losing the OSP logo.  I think the whole OSP thing is a bunch of crap anyway
(in the same vein of Intel Inside nonsense).  Once again, Omega will be a
bigger loser than MB.

>Bottom line big boy is I am tired of this mark Brown crap and I'm glad to
>see him gone.  You want to follow in his footsteps go ahead -- but first
>take a long hard look at where his attitude got him ---NO WHERE.

Wrong again.  It got BC's attention that there would be extreme customer
wrath if the Y2K fix was handled the same way as the TS 3.5 release.
There's still a lot of pissed off people over that one.  And I doubt you'll
see MB gone from this list anytime soon.  Remember that this is Jim's et
al.'s Omega List, not Bill's...nuff said.

                Tony Haas

Meat's not meat til it's in the pan.

	- Charlie Russell