Re: Y2K confusion

Pierre,

Gary wrote:
>  Independent of the merits/demerits of dongles and Safekey's, I
>  think there ought to be a law against a company that takes advantage
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Above, I wasn't suggesting a lawsuit; I was just relating my opinion
that if Omega's only response to fixing the Y2K problem was to force
us to go to TS5 (at a $1300 cost), that seemed imappropriate.

Apparently, my assumption Omega wouldn't fix the Y2K problem in
TS4 is incorrect.  From what others on the list are saying, Omega
has said they will fix TS4, and offer this fix for free (or some
nominal charge).  That sounds good to me, though like others, I'm
now wondering when this fix will be available.

Pierre wrote:

> I was only suggesting that Omega could take the advantage of the TS4 of the
> Y2000 bug to change the TS4 protection and update for free any registered
> user.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.  I am left wondering, however, what form
will the "new protection" take?  Will it be any better, and less
intrusive, than the "dongle" approach?

> I wrote for free, for regular users, so I can't see where a lawsuit
> could take place.

Right, and I wasn't suggesting a lawsuit.  I was reacting to the
(apparently incorrect) idea that there were no plans to upgrade TS4
users with a Y2K fix.  I'd gotten that impression by reading a couple
other posts to the group (not yours).

--