Re: Omega Post

Richard Parsons wrote:

> This is the right approach. Trade for today tomorrow will look after
> itself.<g>

Hey, I never think more than a couple of minutes ahead anyway. <g>

> BTW- Have you solved the problem of your PC hanging? I had a similar problem
> which was only resolved by replacing the motherboard with one from another
> manufacturer.

Yeah, it's still happening - one thing's for sure, TS has something to do with
it.  I keep having to rebuild index files several times a day to keep it
running.  I've deleted and reinstalled the whole program, and rebuilt the data
files 3 times, but it won't go away.  I've scanned the drive for bad sectors,
I've uninstalled all the software I've added recently, I've scanned the whole
computer for viruses, I've added a memory booster (its already 256 megs anyway),
and so on.  My latest idea, and I know I'm grasping at straws now, was to delete
ORCL from my portfolio, since I'm thinking (hoping) that the huge amount of
ticks in this lately (over 16K today) might have something to do with this.
I'll give up trading this stock altogether rather than keep missing trades.  I'm
also going to delete and rebuild my data file again over the weekend, and hope
that somehow I'll be running O.K. next week.

I hope it doesn't come to replacing the board - it's under warranty, but I'd
rather buy the thing myself rather than send the sucker away for 2 weeks or
longer.  I can't see this, since it has been running TS with absolutely no
problems in the 6 months that I've had it, until the last couple of weeks, that
is.

Regards,
A.J.