Re: E*TRADE and Omega Research Marketing Alliance

Ted Reback wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Consider something else--you upgrade your computer to a new model, but the password lock is on your
> old machine. Can you trust Omega to take your word that you've moved your single copy of the program,
> for which you've paid in full, to the new machine and you need a new password (free of charge). How
> about upgrading the computer over a weekend and requiring assurance that TS is ready for operation on
> Monday morning? :((

This is the way virtually everything is protected in the Unix
workstation world and has been for years.

When its time for hardware upgrades, there has to be trust
between software vendor and customer.  I've never heard of
a problem, and my experience covers all sorts of software
development tools, desktop publishing packages, and a wide
variety of vertical market programs for petroleum exploration,
production, pipelining, and refining.

But note that I said nothing about trading software within my
experience.  Perhaps it's time to ask for a statement of policy
from Omega.

Rod
--

J. Rodney Grisham, Ph.D.         ____  __   __
Technix Systems, Inc.             /   /_   /    /__/  /\ /  / \/