Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #33

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: omega-digest Digest V98 #33
  • From: Paul Altman <paltman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 18:38:21 -0800 (PST)

<< I don't have any idea why anyone would think this.  5-10% a week returns in
ANY environment (instead of the chump change investors seek) with virtually NO
risk sounds pretty good to me. >>

<Perhaps you would like to post your real-time trading account statements for
the past couple of years to show that you actually do this. Compounding 10% a
week for a couple of years means you must now have more money than Bill Gates.
Soon you will have ALL the money in the world. If you think daytraders have no
risk, then you obviously have never daytraded.  I stand by the statement I
made previously.>

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say 7.5% a week.  This would,
in two years, run $10,000 up to only $18,470,569.  In all fairness, this
_is_ probably the average profit that TS day-traders see.  (10% weekly
would result in $201,761,945, less than Bill Gates, but slightly more than
the average day-trader makes in two years).

	-Paul