Re: CTREE Errors

Also,

  Since this thread cntinues, this might help.  When I had build 18 I
accidentally  entered a root symbol (only) to my portfolio as I was hacking
away at adding options on futures.  This gave me the exact symptoms you are
experiencing, so you may want to check for a bogus symbol in your portfolio.

  The way I found the offending symbol was to set the middle of the night
cleanup (was it moring update?) time for a couple minutes from "now," then
carefully watched  the rebuild progress until it crashed.  The symbols rolled
past alphabetically until a certain point in the rebuild/cleanup, then it
crashed.  So I looked in that part of the alphabet of my portfolio entries for
the bogus symbol.  Found and deleted it.  Presto - never again a CTREE
problem.

   I found out experimentally which checkbox within morning update actually
triggered the crash and unchecked it to "stop the bleeding," since all worked
fine during the day.  I got tired of stumbling into my office shortly before
market openings and finding the system a mess during those days of searching
for the above cure.  No thanks to Omega tech support for this one.

Tom Dyste
  Wisconsin USA