Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Convert Yahoo Historical Data to Metastock Format?

you have to open the exel file and :
1/ and add 1 empty line above the data
2/ fill this line with date/open/high/low
in each column
3/ close&save the exel file (the downloader won't be
able to use a file if exel is using it)
4/ convert it using the downloader

--- metastockuser <metastockuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone here been able to convert Yahoo
> historical data to
> Metastock data?
>
> I've been trying to open it in excell and save it in
> a format that
> Metastock will then open and convert but so far no
> luck.  I always get
> messages indicating Metastock had problems opening
> the file.
>
> I'm using Downloader 8.0, grabbing data for ^GSPC
> which is the S&P,
> and using Excel from Office 2000.
>
> If anyone has had success in doing this I'd
> apreciate some help.
>
> I'm using dial data for stock quites, want to do
> something with index
> data and not pay the extra bucks to add the indexes.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM