[EquisMetaStock Group] Convert Yahoo Historical Data to Metastock Format?

Has anyone here been able to convert Yahoo historical data to
Metastock data?

I've been trying to open it in excell and save it in a format that
Metastock will then open and convert but so far no luck.  I always get
messages indicating Metastock had problems opening the file.

I'm using Downloader 8.0, grabbing data for ^GSPC which is the S&P,
and using Excel from Office 2000.

If anyone has had success in doing this I'd apreciate some help.

I'm using dial data for stock quites, want to do something with index
data and not pay the extra bucks to add the indexes.