[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock Softwear

I agree...there is no other software that is so easy to use and
requires no knowledge beyond "point and click" and "drag and drop" to
operate the software. I have tried almost every other software that
exists and nothing compares to Metastock. All softwares have glitches
and bugs...Metastock is no exception. The only other software that I
like as much...for its tools and exceptionally fast loading of charts
and calculations is Advanced Get.
Even though many of us have criticism and requests for improvement, I
am sure most of us would not abandon Metastock...for there is no
other software that comes close to Metastock. All we ask from
Metastock is that they seriously listen to the users...and throw
bureaucracy out the window. Yes, offer new add-ons but they should
not move away from the real focus...the Metastock software itself! We
bought Metastock to be a tool for us to trade, not to have to spend
money over and over buying add-ons. The add-ons should only be based
on different trading methodologies (ie. chaos trading, proprietary
systems, etc) but add-ons that are TOOLS (ie. their dynamic trading
tools add-on, Fib tools, gann tools etc) should never before offered
as add-ons but instead should be included in the core software
itself. Isnt that why we bought Metastock...to be our toolbox
software for trading? I love Metastock and will always use it but the
lame excuse that it costs too much to program tools into metastock
that only a small percentage of users would use is total bull! A
programmer can write a piece of code for one specific too very
easily. Lets say it cost $1,000 to outsource a programmer to write
that code...and some programmers wouldnt even charge that amount. Now
lets say they add ten tools into Metastock. Total expense= $10,000.
Not alot of money in the software business. A few sales recoups costs
and will definately draw more buyers (more sales) since Metastock
would now include 10 more tools. Create the demand, be a
leader...that should be the philosophy...maybe Lee Iacocca should run
Equis! Also dont think software code has to be very complicated and
lengthy...Advanced Get is only a few megabytes.
For those that can program in C++...the fact that Metastock can read
and use external code is a valuable imporvement. Unfortunately, after
that capability has been added to Metastock there really has not been
any major imporvement in the software. Anyways, I think we should let
to rest our beef with this subject. Just my thoughts.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ted Khann <tedkhann@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
> It's been interesting reading the groups comments about MetaStock
software. I've Just downloaded a sample of Wealth-Lab it seems to be
a very good programme.  But I have not "personally" found anything as
comfortable to use as  MetaStock.  It may have all those short
comings which other members have written about with regards to
programming (it's more than enough for me) but I would hate to have
to change it for any of the others.  I also like the  manually
operated downloader in Metastock where I can easily produce any new
charts or update end of day charts during the day if needed without
being connected to a  data feed. I also think it produces the best
charts.  MetaStock was one of the originals and as they say
themselves, the most copied. I hope the fears of other members of the
group: "that they may be going from bad to complete disaster" are not
realised.
> Best wishes.
> Ted.

> Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM