Re: [Metastockusers] Re: How to create Rate Of Change Indicator

From: "lseldin" <larry@xxxxxxxxxx>

> > How about doing some research and knowing what you are working with
> > instead of blindly folowing somebody else his idea's ? That will
> help you
> > understand your business better.
>
> I did do research by reading a bunch of books.

Apperantly you did not do any research on ROC. ROC
is identical to Momentum with the little difference that Momentum display's
as a ratio and ROC as a percentage.

> I wanted to see how his triple indicator logic compared to Dr.
> Alexander Elder's triple screen.
>
> However, Martin Pring said he used MetaStock for this book, so I
> looked in my indicator drop down list under ROC and Rate Of Change
> and it was not there.

Would you have known that it is the same as Momentum you would
not have to look further. You can just use momentum instead.

> Some other people in this newsgroup had the same problem.
>
> It seems if I understand correctly that it is NOT displayed in the
> drop down list box.

It is, just under a different name.  What's the use of having multiple
indicators in your drop down list box wich all display the same thing.
No use at all.

So do better research, know what you are looking for and know that
the "replacement" will give you exactly the same thing.

That's doing research for what you are working with. Apperantly you
have been reading the wrong books.

Greetings

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM