Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] System Test Works, Exploration Doesn't

cbfrish

Force your exploration to scan more than the 11 periods you need think you
need. It's a good idea to forget that the Explorer tool has a "Minimum
periods" setting because this causes problems with a whole range of
functions. I'm not sure that HHV() is one of them but it sure sounds like
that is your problem, assuming the exploration is set to "current date".

A 10 period moving average will force an exploration to scan a minimum of 10
periods, but this is of little use when your charts use 1000 periods to
construct a 10 period exponential moving average. Using only 10 periods for
an EMA like this will give large errors.

Roy