[EquisMetaStock Group] System Test Works, Exploration Doesn't

As part of an entry system, I am using the concept of a new
high close, which I have defined as "C > Ref((HHV,C,10), -1)"
which, as I understand it, translates into "the latest close
is higher than the last highest close over the prior 10 day
period, excluding the latest close".  This seems to work
properly to the extent that it correctly identifies the
bars where the condition is satisfied.

However, in moving this concept from a system to an exploration,
trying to find stocks which have the highest close over the last
10 periods, the exploration fails to find stocks that satisfy the
condition and also reports stocks that do not satisfy the condition.

I don't understand why it is not working.  Can someone shed some
light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM