Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] IF () statement question

In a message dated 6/28/2003 12:55:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In theory it is a really useful function but in practice it is incapable of
doing the very things one would have thought it was designed to do - provide
a zero value from a function prior to the data being valid, and then
providing the actual function value.

Hi:

I've been following this thread a bit with interest and as I understand the problem, if one of several nested IF statement doesn't have supporting data or data within the bounds of its individual statement, then MetaStock throws out the entire set of IF statements.  If you are looking to see if a work around exits, I would expect that MetaStock support could answer your question very quickly.  I've received very fast email responses from them on this very type of issue.  They answer in less than 24 hours during M-F business days.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor