Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] IF () statement question

Jay

> I've been following this thread a bit with interest and as I understand
the
> problem, if one of several nested IF statement doesn't have supporting
data or
> data within the bounds of its individual statement, then MetaStock throws
out
> the entire set of IF statements.  If you are looking to see if a work
around
> exits, I would expect that MetaStock support could answer your question
very
> quickly.  I've received very fast email responses from them on this very
type of
> issue.  They answer in less than 24 hours during M-F business days.

Your suggestion makes sense but I lack your faith in Support being able to
conjure up a helpful reply for an obvious "screw-up" in another department
(with feature implementation in 7.0).

I have more confidence in my own ability to resolve the MS problems, and
since Equis has already messed up big-time (with Isdefined() etc.) with this
one, and made no effort over subsequent releases to fix it as far as I can
see, I have no interest in being fed a spin that conveniently explains it
all away. I've forgiven Equis for many deficiencies but the one under
discussion is one that still makes me angry because the solution lies in an
IsDefined() function that REALLY work instead of just pretending to.

We know that there are Equis representatives in this group, and one in
particular is more than happy to tell us about new products, but how often
have we seen anyone from Equis jump in to assist with MS problems? A few
members have been kind enough to share helpful responses to their questions
directed to the Support as you suggest, but ask yourself where you've picked
up the most useful MS information from.

Please understand, I'm not criticising your suggestion. Personally I don't
feel the need to ask for help on this one. I've struggled with many MS
problems over the last few years, and I've solved a few of the "impossible"
ones along the way. The solution to managing the N/A problem lies in a
proper implementation of IsDefined(). End of story. I'm sure Equis have been
asked to read this chapter of the book but how many years since 7.0 came out
and the function's as useless as ever.

Well, I've got that off my chest and I feel much better.

Roy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM