Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] IF () statement question

Harry

The point with IsDefined() is that if Equis had constructed it properly so
that it could output 0, 1, or indicator value, then it would have been a
really useful function. Unfortunately it's limited functionality means that
it's a lot less useful than it could have been.

In theory it is a really useful function but in practice it is incapable of
doing the very things one would have thought it was designed to do - provide
a zero value from a function prior to the data being valid, and then
providing the actual function value.

Any code left outside the Isdefined() causes the very problem that
IsDefined() should fix, but having only binary outputs when it contains the
code completely defeats its potential use.

MS 6.52 didn't have the IsDefined() and IsUndefined() functions and was none
the worse because of it.

Sorry that I haven't a solution for your problem.

Roy