[EquisMetaStock Group] McClellan Oscillator (Online)

  • To: <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] McClellan Oscillator (Online)
  • From: "Michael O'Donnell" <rory@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:01:14 -0700
  • Title: I would like to use the Advance and Decline indicator as Buy/Sell

I would like to use the Advance and Decline indicator as
Buy/Sell signal, in the E-Mini S&P & NQ. When I open the below
Indicator in the E-Mini S&P chart the resulting line looks promising.

How can I build a code for use in the Enhanced System Tester?

Below is the &#8220;Indicator Builder fml&#8221; used in V
8.01. (Quote.com is my Data provider.)

face=Arial>{This version of the McClellan Oscillator uses the
new Security function and Quote.com's Online data. If you want to use this
function with local data you must create and download data for the NYSE Advance
and Decline in the local folder that this indicator will be used in.
"ONLINE:" must be removed from the Security function and you might
also need to change the symbols for Advance and Decline. The symbols used below
are Quote.com specific.}

face=Arial>

face=Arial>NYSEAdvDec:=Security( "ONLINE:ADVN.NY",
CLOSE ) - Security( "ONLINE:DECL.NY",CLOSE );

face=Arial>

face=Arial>Mov(NYSEAdvDec,19,EXPONENTIAL) - Mov(NYSEAdvDec,39,EXPONENTIAL)

My plan is to Code a MovAvg on the ADVN/ DECL, and code Buy
and Sell at the Cross, and OPTimize (19) and (39) in the Enhanced System Tester.

face=Arial>( NYSEAdvDec ) is not a recognized Name, Constant
or Operator in the System Tester!<span

If anyone could provide ?? in:-<span
> Mov( ??,opt1, S) <span

or some other solution, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

 Mike

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor