[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: McClellan Oscillator (Online)

Try this. The variable NYSEAdvDec must appear as well.

NYSEAdvDec:=Security("ADVN.NY",CLOSE) - Security("DECL.NY",CLOSE );
Mov(NYSEAdvDec,19,EXPONENTIAL) - Mov(NYSEAdvDec,39,EXPONENTIAL)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael O'Donnell"
<rory@xxxx> wrote:
> I would like to use the Advance and Decline indicator as Buy/Sell
> signal, in the E-Mini S&P & NQ. When I open the below Indicator in
the
> E-Mini S&P chart the resulting line looks promising.
>
> How can I build a code for use in the Enhanced System Tester?
>
> Below is the "Indicator Builder fml" used in V 8.01. (Quote.com is
my
> Data provider.)
>
> {This version of the McClellan Oscillator uses the new Security
function
> and Quote.com's Online data. If you want to use this function with
local
> data you must create and download data for the NYSE Advance and
Decline
> in the local folder that this indicator will be used in. "ONLINE:"
must
> be removed from the Security function and you might also need to
change
> the symbols for Advance and Decline. The symbols used below are
> Quote.com specific.}
>
> NYSEAdvDec:=Security( "ONLINE:ADVN.NY", CLOSE ) - Security(
> "ONLINE:DECL.NY",CLOSE );
>
> Mov(NYSEAdvDec,19,EXPONENTIAL) - Mov(NYSEAdvDec,39,EXPONENTIAL)
>
> My plan is to Code a MovAvg on the ADVN/ DECL, and code Buy and
Sell at
> the Cross, and OPTimize (19) and (39) in the Enhanced System Tester.
>
> ( NYSEAdvDec ) is not a recognized Name, Constant or Operator in the
> System Tester!
>
> If anyone could provide ?? in:-         Mov( ??,opt1, S)
> or some other solution, it will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>  Mike

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.