[Metastockusers] Re: System Tester

With a delay of zero, that means a trade at the close.
On any time frame, it is not practical to trade at the close, since
the signal comes at the close.  So, the best you can do is trade at
the next bar open.....or a delay of 1 bar.

That's why MS calls it "realistic" price.

Bob

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <uhehs@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joe.
>
> What about Daily bars?  Can a test on those be done with a Delay
set to ZERO
> and then trade as I see a trigger?
> [I ask because lately I've missed some big moves on the Daly charts
that
> didn't look as attractive the next day]
>
> Sometimes even going to the 15 minute bars misses some of the
move.  I
> suppose I can go to an even shorter time period, but that goes
against my
> style.

Delay is set
> to the number 1.
> Can't I set it to ZERO if I am charting in real-time;  So I can
trade
> immediately as I get a trading signal?
>
> Also, [when trading stocks], what is the preferred setting POINTS
ONLY or
> placing in values [like equity of $20,000 with 100% Margin and no
interest]?
> When I run a System Test using the dollar amount mentioned, it
appears a bit
> unrealistic.  I figured that the program is reinvesting every
dollar into
> the next trade. That's why I am thinking POINTS ONLY may be the way
to go.

> Anyone who can, please help.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=17