From: "bex1210" <hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: April 26, 2003 12:28 PM
Subject: [Metastockusers] Downloader Problem?

> I have Metastock 8.01, EOD version. I am new to Metastock; 8.0 was my
first version of the program. I am having a problem with the Downloader, and
perhaps someone can provide assistance.

> I am trying to delete a large number of securities from my database which
no longer trade. So I open the Downloader (direct, not through the Metastock
program), and go to Tools->Delete->Securities. There I find a list of all
securities in a particular directory. But I cannot "sort" on any of the
column headings; especially Last Date, which is what I want. The list is
"presorted" by security name. I checked, and none of the other options in
the Tools list have the ability to sort either.

> But if I go to File->Open, I can sort on any of the columns (including
Last Date) just fine.

> I also notice that moving from feature to feature in the Downloader seems
very sluggish. For example, when I select Close from the
Tools->Delete->Securites window, I often get a "white" rectangular screen in
the middle of the Downloader window. It takes about 15 seconds for it to go
away. Sometimes I get the same white window when I close other of the Tools,
or even closing the File->Open window. Even when I do not get the white
window, I am unable to select any of the other drop down menus for about 15
seconds. It appears that the Downloader must be searching for something, but
I haven't performed any operations--just opened and closed windows. Strange.

> Is it possible that I have something wrong with my Downloader, or do they
all work this way? If this is the way the program works, does anyone have a
workaround to the inability for Tools->Delete->Securities to sort securites
by Last Date? Going through several thousand securities one by one to find
those that have stopped trading is not how I would like to spend an
afternoon!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/zMEolB/TM