[Metastockusers] Re: Downloader Problem?

David:

Thanks for the suggestion. But after you run the Exploration, I wasn't
sure how to delete the results. Do you save the results list to the
Favorites folder, and then Delete them from there, or??

Harry

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DAVID  H. LINTON" <dhlinton@xx
..> wrote:
> To find securities that have not traded recently, run the following
> exploration.
> (Year() < 2003  OR (Month() < 2))
> {finds all where last bar was prior to specified month and year -
select and
> delete results}.
> David

Downloader, and
> perhaps someone can provide assistance.
> >
> > I am trying to delete a large number of securities from my
database which
> no longer trade. So I open the Downloader (direct, not through the
Metastock
> program), and go to Tools->Delete->Securities. There I find a list
of all
> securities in a particular directory. But I cannot "sort" on any of
the
> column headings; especially Last Date, which is what I want. The
list is
> "presorted" by security name. I checked, and none of the other
options in
> the Tools list have the ability to sort either.
> >
> > But if I go to File->Open, I can sort on any of the columns
(including
> Last Date) just fine.
> >
> > I also notice that moving from feature to feature in the
Downloader seems
> very sluggish. For example, when I select Close from the
> Tools->Delete->Securites window, I often get a "white" rectangular
screen in
> the middle of the Downloader window. It takes about 15 seconds for
it to go
> away. Sometimes I get the same white window when I close other of
the Tools,
> or even closing the File->Open window. Even when I do not get the
white
> window, I am unable to select any of the other drop down menus for
about 15
> seconds. It appears that the Downloader must be searching for
something, but
> I haven't performed any operations--just opened and closed windows.
Strange.

> > Is it possible that I have something wrong with my Downloader, or
do they
> all work this way? If this is the way the program works, does anyone
have a
> workaround to the inability for Tools->Delete->Securities to sort
securites
> by Last Date? Going through several thousand securities one by one
to find
> those that have stopped trading is not how I would like to spend an
> afternoon!
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
> >
> > Harry

com/info/terms/

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/zMEolB/TM