RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] mass renaming data files

<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>Hello Mark,
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>
If
you are looking to rename Windows files en masse, take a look at
PowerRen 2000 (downloadable from <A
product in the past and have found it to be incredibly useful for bulk file
alteration tasks. Amongst other things, it will allow you to easily prefix
pre-existing files with any character(s) you wish.
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>Don't know how much use this is to
you!
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>Ash
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>
<SPAN
class=850541001-29032003>
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mark
  [mailto:mbb@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: 28 March 2003 20:14To:
  Equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxx ComSubject: [EquisMetaStock Group] mass
  renaming data fileshaving changed data supplier I now
  have several thousand files that needrenaming & merging with the new
  suppliers format ie for hong kong the oldname format was 0001 0005 0012
  etc whereas the new one is HK0001 HK0005HK0012 etc & the new files
  contain less historical data s I need to mergethe old ones.Qestion
  is;does anyone know of an automatic means of doing these 2
  tasks?Thanks & Regards,Mark Berger<A
  href="">mbb@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor