[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: mass renaming data files

Mark:

A few questions:
Are the names 0001, 0002, 0003, etc. the names (or symbols) given to the stocks, or the names of the folders that contain the stocks?

Do you want the new folders to contain the data from the old files (which you said have more data), use the data from the new ones, or a combination of both?

Is the volume quantity identical from each of the two suppliers (i.e., does one divide the volume by 100, and the other one not)?

Do you want the new folders to contain up to 6000 stocks/folder (Metastock 8) or one of the older schemes (2000/folder or 255/folder)?

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/BefplB/TM