[EquisMetaStock Group] mass renaming data files

having changed data supplier I now have several thousand files that need
renaming & merging with the new suppliers format ie for hong kong the old
name format was 0001 0005 0012 etc whereas the new one is HK0001 HK0005
HK0012 etc & the new files contain less historical data s I need to merge
the old ones.

Qestion is;

does anyone know of an automatic means of doing these 2 tasks?

Thanks & Regards,

Mark Berger
mbb@xxxxxxxxx

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/BefplB/TM