[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Centered Moving Average

here are the profitunity MA's

ChaosBlueBL:=
{Alligator Blue Balance Line - Jaw}
{13 bar smoothed average offset 8 bars}

Ref(Wilders(MP(),13),-8);

ChaosRedBL:=
{Alligator Red Balance Line - Teeth}
{8 bar smoothed average offset 5 bars}

Ref(Wilders(MP(),8),-5);

ChaosGreenBL:=
{Alligator Green Balance Line - Lip}
{5 bar smoothed average offset 3 bars}

Ref(Wilders(MP(),5),-3);

ChaosBlueBL;
ChaosGreenBL;
ChaosRedBL;
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe J." <jojab@xxxx> wrote:
> It is true that Bill Williams uses moving averages displaced into
the future.  However this should not be confused with using future
data to compute moving averages plotted on today's data (which can
be done in MS using the system tester but is not useful in actual
trading for obvious reasons).

> For example, Bill Williams says that you should plot a 5 period
moving average, displaced by 3 periods.  Within MS, it would look
like this:

> ref(mov(close,5,s),-3)
>
> This plots the five period MA from 3 periods ago on the current
bar.

> If you use a "3" instead of a "-3", that changes the formula
entirely and attempts to use future data on the current bar.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/BefplB/TM