RE: Yahoo Data

Unfortunately this list is dead…look
for MS user groups on yahoo.

>-----Original Message-----
From:
owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] <span
>On Behalf Of Wizard Machine
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003
5:07 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Yahoo Data

>I joined this mailing list a month
ago and this is the first mail I have had...........is this all the activity
that goes on  ??

>If I was you I would forget the free
stuff and pay $20 a month for data, it seems a bit dumb to stinge out on
the price of commissions on one trade for the tools that you need. Paid data is
usually more accurate and it is such a low cost that it is so worth it.

>Getting free data is a bit like
disconnecting your phone line in favour of using an online voice chat..............it
just isn't going to be as good.............

face=Arial>From:<font
size=2 face=Arial> <a
href="" title="ay286@xxxxxxxx">John

>To:<font
size=2 face=Arial> <a
href="" title="metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx">metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Sent:<font
size=2 face=Arial> Thursday,
March 27, 2003 5:33 PM

>Subject:<font
size=2 face=Arial> Yahoo Data

>Presently I get individual stock end
of day prices from Yahoo.com. These include Open, High, Low, Last &
Volume.

>I would like to get Advances,
Declines for the New York and Nasdaq exchanges. Also Highs & Lows for both
exchanges. If someone could give the symbols for these if known I would
appreciate it.

>Additionally if symbols for the
commodity future of the S&P 500 & US Treasury Bonds.

>Other free sources if known and
given would be appreciated too.

>Those interested may find it helpful
to buy Dcenter software which I use for downloading the data I am getting now.
This is an initial cost only and there after no more costs. The one negative
factor is end of day data is not usually ready until 11 -11:30 PM Pacific time
in the evening. Those of you in the the eastern part of the country may wish to
consider early morning data retrival and analysis using this source.