Re: [Metastockusers] Changing Favorites folder structure

Hi Ron:

In looking at my MetaStock file structure I find that under c:\equis\metastock there is a file called favorites.dta.  I suspect this is what you are running into and because it is a file and not a folder, only MetaStock can modify it.  I opened mine with notepad and in it were the names of my most frequently used files intermingled with loads of garbage which means it has mostly pure ASCII information that MS uses.  If that is the case, then the "folders" you wish to restructure are really a set of indexes in that particular file, and you can't access them.  If I were you I would either call or email Equis support and see if there is a way to do what you want within the MS structure.

Jay

<<However, the Favorites folder was set up by MS as part of the History,
Local Data, Favorites structure when I installed the program..  A search
retrieves C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock as the location of a file
named favorites.dta This doesn't appear to be a folder that I can alter.>>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor