[Metastockusers] Re: Divergence of oscillators

Juan,
There was no need to do a search for the stochastic osc code. Its
right there in the help file, under stochastic osc under "sample
custom indicator".
Further, you seem to talk of divergences, volatility and crossovers,
in the same breath.
So let's get things in order of priority.
A divergence search will be when
1) yesterday's low is the lowest in the last three periods
2) it is lower than the lowest low in the last (say) 15 periods
(before the last three periods)
3) yesterday's stoch is the lowest in the last three periods
4) it is HIGHER than the lowest low in the last (say) 15 periods
(before the last three periods)
The reverse would be true while looking for the highs, when
yesterday's high is higher than the previous high, and the osc is
lower than the previous high of the osc.

There are several built in indicators in MS to identify volatility.

The cross-overs of the osc and its moving avg is simply a cross(cond1,
cond2).

Please use whatever you want.

Dusant
--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "myklan" <mbz@xxxx> wrote:
> Preston Juan, Anyone
> How did this conversation end?
>
> Am trying to write an exploration
> 1. When %k and %d crossover - anytime? Not just 20/80 or 30/70
> 2. When they cross over (selecting search for Bull or Bear mode) but
> at a steep angle. Not just a 'flat' crossover.
>

> Manipulating this code found at another site.
>
> Formula for Stochastic %K
>
> Per1:=Input("length of stoch",1,100,14);
> ((CLOSE - LLV(L,Per1))/(HHV(H,Per1)-LLV(L,Per1)))*100

> Formula for Stochastic %d
>
> Per1:=Input("length of stoch",1,100,14);
> Per2:=Input("length of ma",1,100,3);
> Mov((((CLOSE-LLV(L,Per1))/(HHV(H,Per1)-LLV(L,Per1)))*100),Per2,S)
> Formula for a Slow Stochastic %D
>
> Per1:=Input("length of stoch",1,100,14);
> Per2:=Input("length of ma1",1,100,3);
> Per3:=Input("length of ma2",1,100,3);
> Mov((Mov((((CLOSE-LLV(L,Per1))/(HHV(H,Per1)-LLV(L,Per1)))*100),Per2,
S)