[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Invisible on the net

>would you suggest ZA Pro over the standard free version?

I can't make a recommendation here. Are the extra features worth it?
I don't know. I upgraded to the Pro version several years ago only
because I thought the program was so great, and I felt guilty running
the free version. As  I recall, doesn't the Pro version offers the
best in Email protection?

Whatever problems you run into with Zone Alarm can be worked out by
tweaking the site settings. There is a "Permissions" screen where you
can manually override any permissions settings, and a config screen
that also allows for manually overriding the default settings. So if
there were a problem logging into a particular site, I'm sure you can
override Zone Alarm on the "Permissions" screen. You will learn to
LOVE Zone Alarm as you get used to it.

I would NEVER log into the Internet without Zone Alarm. By the way, I
just remembered the name of that file that you can download from
GRC.COM that simulates a trojan. Called the LEAK TEST. It is a little
file that secretly logs into the net, and it expects your FIREWALL to
stop it. The leak test displays a message if it was able to secretly
get into the net. Zone Alarm does work well on this test, and also on
other files that secretly try to get internet access. Surprisingly,
Real Player is one of the programs on my PC that secretly tries to
gain Internet Access about 4 times a year. Whatever Real Player wants
to do, he is not allowed net access. Tough Luck.. Real Player ! !

Grizz

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "avgojoe" <palfree@xxxx> wrote:
> Grizz,
> I have been eavesdropping on this exchange. I didn't know how to be
> invisible either...been getting these pop-ups that I
> am "broadcasting" my url. Thanks for your advice and explanations.
>
> I downloaded the free zonealert onto both my home PCs..the old P-
233
> and the AMD 1.2.  I feel much better now!!
>
> Now I get pop-up alerts every few minutes that this or that is
trying
> to get into my PC.  I guess that's the price for protection from
> these idiots that take pleasure in doing evil.
>
> Also, the ZA seems to cause a few problems (ex: I could not get
into
> this group this a.m. on the P233..the site just wouldn't finish
>
> I mention these things so that anyone else who considers installing
> ZA will be prepared for some of the things that seem to come with
the
> territory, so to speak!
>
> Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge so that others of us
can
> have a fighting chance against the other side. By the way, would
you
> suggest ZA Pro over the standard free version?
>
> Bob

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM