[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Invisible on the net

Zone Alarm is not without its own problems.

I used one of the first versions without problem
but several of my associates had to remove it because
it seemed to interfere.

The newest version really messed me up.
Somehow it got involved with the modem settings and
to fix that I had to remove the modem program and
reinstall.

Ulta intrusive protection is also not great.

Dave

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "avgojoe" <palfree@xxxx> wrote:
> Grizz,
> I have been eavesdropping on this exchange. I didn't know how to be
> invisible either...been getting these pop-ups that I
> am "broadcasting" my url. Thanks for your advice and explanations.
>
> I downloaded the free zonealert onto both my home PCs..the old P-233
> and the AMD 1.2.  I feel much better now!!
>
> Now I get pop-up alerts every few minutes that this or that is
trying
> to get into my PC.  I guess that's the price for protection from
> these idiots that take pleasure in doing evil.
>
> Also, the ZA seems to cause a few problems (ex: I could not get into
> this group this a.m. on the P233..the site just wouldn't finish
>
> I mention these things so that anyone else who considers installing
> ZA will be prepared for some of the things that seem to come with
the
> territory, so to speak!
>
> Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge so that others of us can
> have a fighting chance against the other side. By the way, would you
> suggest ZA Pro over the standard free version?
>
> Bob

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM