Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] zero defaults and virus question

Keith, Jono

I think this is a "hoax" virus. I was asked by a friend some months ago to
check out the same file after he had received a letter warning of the
"jdbgmgr.exe virus" from another friend. The letter had been in circulation
for some time and in my experience an update for Norton's to any new virus
threat is usually issued within 48 hours. Based on this and the fact that
both my PC's had different versions of the same file (Win 98 and WinXP) I
concluded that the "virus" was in fact a hoax. Presumably the file has some
legitimate use but the world doesn't fall in for those that have deleted it
as a precaution.

Roy