Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] zero defaults and virus question

Jona,

Recently a hoax was floating around that offered a convincing
fix to get rid of that program or one like it.

So I duly found that program and deleted it and then
someone checked with Norton and found it to be a hoax.

I am not certain it was this exact file or program,
but it was related to Java.  My computer seems
to work nicely without that Java helper.

Dave

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, "Jonathan King" <jking@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> My machine informs me that this file is a "Microsoft® Debugger
Registrar for
> Java" - are you sure its a virus and please don't ask me what a
debugger is
> :-) ???
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jono

automatically.
>   about a week ago, I noticed some of my emails to groups were
coming back
> to me with the message deleted and the symbol similar to      yp
> inserted instead, someone had previously told me this is evidence
of
> virus, again!
>   I then confirmed Nortons was current and ran a full scan---  no
virus
>   I then reinstalled AVG from    grisoft.com , a free virus
program
which
> last time found the virus when Nortons didn't,
>    scanned--no virus
>   I then ran Taucan, supposed to find trojans     ----no virus
>   so, 3 scans  and found nothing.
>
>   a couple of days ago, a friend  sent me a fix to a virus he'd got
and may
> have passed on,  and there it was!
>   I had the "bear"     jdbgmgr.exe
>   I don't mind getting a virus, (the price of being on the net)
but
i'd at
> least like to be able to search for, find it and get rid of it
> and,especially, not pass it on to others innocently
>
>   I'm sorry for the longwinded  mail but felt it better to explain
once
> fully.
>
>   the question is ?   is there a good virus program out there at
all?
> many others must have the same problems
>
>   all comments appreciated    thanks    Keith
>

>   ---

Service.

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM