[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Anyone played with the Fisher Transform?...trigger lines

Dave,
If all you want to do is buy/sell the cross, use a formula such as:

{Fisher Transform}
pr:=(H+L)/2;
len:=10;
maxh:=HHV(pr,len);
minl:=LLV(pr,len);
val1:=.33*2*((pr-minl)/(maxh-minl)-.5)+.67*PREV;
value1:=If(val1>.99,.999,If(val1<-.99,-.999,val1));
fish:=.5*Log((1+value1)/(1-value1))+.5*PREV;
final:=10*ROC(fish,1,$);
fish;
final;

Write your formula so that you get a cross of fish over final and
vice versa.

Buy:=cross(final,fish);
Sell:=cross(fish,final);

That should do the trick.

Preston

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/TradersTips/TradersTi
> > > ps.html#meta2
> > >
> > > but I am only focusing on this one. I compared my results to a
> > couple
> > > of the examples in the article and I don't get the smoothing
> > effects
> > > I see in the examples but the crossovers look rather similar
and
> > the
> > > crossovers are what I like in the results I get.
> > >
> > > I am very new to MetaStock so I wouldn't recommend for anyone
> > take
> > > my word on this but please experiment with it and let me know
> your
> > > opinion.

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM